How To Avoid Holiday Stress
With the holidays swiftly approaching, there's a ton of stuff to do! Food to make, trees to decorate, presents to buy, and (of course) family to deal with. With all of this, comes stress. Stress is a leading cause of back pain because it causes subluxations in our spinal cords. It can also affect the efficiency of all your muscles! But there's no need to worry, we have some tips to cast stress away this season.
- When you’re feeling stressed or stuffed up in the house, go for a walk. Spend some time outdoors, or by a sunny window. The feeling of fresh air is stimulating and is sure to put you in a good mood.
- Here’s a fruity little secret: citrus. Researchers studying depression have discovered that citrus fragrances boost feelings of well-being and calmness by upping levels of norepinephrine, a hormone that affects mood. Spray or dab an orange or lemon scented oil on your clothes and you’ll be smelling (and feeling) fresh all day.
- Learn to say no. When you have a “To Do” list with a million things on it, say “no” to doing at least one of the things on that list. While it’s important to please others during the holidays, you need to also remember to relax and take care of yourself.
- Laughing is proven to reduce stress hormones! So do what makes you laugh; watch a funny movie, hang out with your friends, learn a new joke, etc.
- Forget perfection! You’ll drive yourself crazy by obsessing over every little detail of the holiday. Your house won’t cave in if it’s a little bit cluttered. By worrying less about details, you have more time to enjoy your family.
While these are obviously all amazing tips, sometimes you just have an ache or pain that won’t go away. That’s the perfect time to seek professional help. Studies show that 85% of patients who see a chiropractor regularly saw substantial results and felt symptom relief. At Synergy Oviedo Chiropractic, our main focus is to not just mask your pain, but to find the cause of the problem and eliminate it. This is what will restore your body to its natural state and have you loving life again. Right now, new patient exams are only $27 including necessary x-rays!!!
To schedule an appointment call 407-505-4320 today.
For more info visit synergyoviedo.com