Have you recently been in a car accident? Not sure what to do next or where to go?
Here are the 10 most important Auto Injury Care Tips you need to know:
1. Car accidents can not only cause damage to your vehicle, but also all occupants. In fact, even if there is little damage to the car, it does not mean that you did not get injured. In fact sometimes, the less damage to the car, the more force could have been on your body.
2. Use the Emergency Room if you suspect a fracture, bleed, or other life threatening injury. You are not required to go the the Emergency Room and often this type of evaluation is the most expensive leaving little insurance benefits to get the care you need to fix your injuries. The ER though is not the ideal "first choice" for many common injuries to your back and neck. In addition, most primary care doctors do not treat auto accident cases for their patients. You may want to see an experienced practice that can handle these injuries like Synergy Oviedo Chiropractic.
3. Within each of your auto insurance policies are health benefits to provide you care, even if you were at fault or were a passenger. This health benefit often has no deductibles or copays which means that you can get the help you need affordably.
4. You only have 14 days from the day of the crash to be evaluated. Failure to see a doctor that accepts auto injury cases, like Synergy Oviedo Chiropractic, in a timely manner will cause you to lose your health benefits and the care you may need to get well.
5. Do not minimize or ignore the need for a proper evaluation because you do not feel symptoms the day of the crash. Often the symptoms may creep up hours to days later because adrenaline shuts off the pain. Unfortunately, some people "ignore" their pain, hoping it will go away or other take pain medication only to cover it up. Both scenarios do not address the problem and can result in you missing the 14 day window.
Take Action. 14 Day Rule. Schedule your Appointment: 407-505-4320
6. Do not hold off on care for fear of insurance rate increases. Insurance rates generally increase each year regardless of incidents. It is a Florida law that you must carry this type of "health insurance" part of your car insurance and the doctors must use this insurance component when treating you for an auto accident. We have insurance exactly for these type of unfortunate events. Most rates do not change if you were not at fault. But always remember, that cars and money can be replaced, you can not. Your health is your most valuable asset and should always be your main focus.
7. Seek care from a practice that is experienced in understanding auto injuries and as well as the legal implications. At Synergy Oviedo Chiropractic, we have evaluated and cared for thousands of patients involved in auto accidents. Our team can work together with your attorney by providing them up to date information on your progress. Our doctors have also testified on patient's care and have a working understanding of the process. Our doctors are educators- involved in guest lecturing for many top local companies as well as the University of Central Florida. We are committed to properly explaining your injuries to you and everyone involved in simple to understand language.
8. Find an office that makes getting your care easy. We have early morning and late afternoon appointments starting at 6:40 in the morning up until 6:00 pm. We handle all the billing and communicating with the insurance companies and attorneys involved. We want you to only focus on getting well.
9. Create your auto injury recovery team. Our doctors at Synergy can serve as the "quarterback" in your recovery plan offering many services under one roof including chiropractic and physical therapy. We also can refer you to other specialists including diagnostic imaging centers, neurologists, pain management, orthopedic and neurosurgeons who accept and are properly trained in understanding the unique factors for auto injuries.
10. Find an office that is 100% committed to getting you well. We have served the local community for 20 years. We have been voted Business of the Year by the Oviedo / Winter Springs Chamber. We have the most 5 Star Google reviews in the area. We are a family practice that will treat you right by giving you comprehensive care in a warm caring environment.
Most Care is Covered at 100%. Schedule your Appointment: 407-505-4320