Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment for Auto Accident Victims in Oviedo
Whiplash is one type of vertebral subluxation that our team here at Synergy Oviedo Clinic can treat. Symptoms of whiplash can occur within minutes to weeks as the body is reacting to the trauma or is now compensating from trauma to another area. Patients who come for therapy at our Synergy Oviedo Clinic include people involved in auto accidents, in addition to falls, workplace accidents, and sports injuries.
Symptoms of Vertebral Subluxation
The sudden extension of the neck muscles during accidents is the reason people suffer from neck strain or neck sprain. During automobile crashes, the neck has a rapid forward-backward movement, which results in the damage of both the neck muscles and bone structures.
Vertebral subluxation can cause partial disability of the upper body. Sometimes, the neck injuries can extend to the arms, upper chest, upper back, and shoulders. Patients may experience nausea, dizziness, headaches, swallowing problems, or blurred vision too. Moreover, vertebral subluxation causes numbness, terrible pain, soreness, neck stiffness, and ear ringing.
According to the Journal of the American Chiropractic Association, 45 to 85 percent develop vertebrae damage signs five years after the motor vehicle accidents. Worse still, the impairment of the neck makes it difficult to straighten the neck. Since the neck houses the cervical curve, the first seven spinal cord vertebrae, you should see a chiropractor immediately you feel neck injury symptoms.
Chiropractor Treatment for Auto Accident Neck Damage
We use the procedures below to deal with the damage of the cervical ligaments, neck nerves, muscles, disks, and tissue:
- Chiropractic adjustment or the gentle spinal manipulation to realign the misaligned vertebrae and relieve pain.
- Muscle stimulation, which involves techniques to help the muscles and nerves relax, and increase blood flow in targeted areas.
- Spinal rehabilitation type exercises and physiotherapy to aid the healing of the disarranged discs.
- Spinal decompression therapy is used to help injured discs by gently applying a specialized traction type procedure in an effort to reduce the pressure on the damaged nerves. Our office in Oviedo is one of the few offices in the area that offer this treatment for whiplash.
- Deep tissue laser is used to help reduce pain and inflammation, increase circulation, and help energize and heal damaged soft tissue that can occur from a whiplash injury. This state-of-the-art treatment can also be used to help other areas of the spine or extremities that may have been damaged from a whiplash type injury.
Contact Synergy Oviedo Today
Do you desire the therapy for your damaged neck tissue? Sign up for a free consultation or call our clinic at 407-505-4320 to book an appointment.